A local court on Wednesday allowed Tehelka founder editor Tarun Tejpal, accused of raping his woman colleague, to meet his ailing mother tomorrow.
Fast track court judge Vijaya Pol, while allowing the application filed by Tejpal, put several conditions which he will have to abide to meet his mother at his Moira village residence in North Goa.
Earlier, the court had permitted him to meet her on March 13.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Tejpal, 50, had claimed that his mother is suffering from brain tumour and is in the last stage of her life and had sought permission to meet her.
Allowing Tejpal to meet his mother for one hour tomorrow, the court said if he wants to meet her again, he needs to file fresh application which would be considered on merits.
While granting permission to Tejpal, the court said that the investigating officer representative or the IO should be allowed to be present at the venue and during the period of the visit.
“The escort party should ensure that solemnity of the occasion should not be diluted by the visit being reduced to a social meeting with friends and relatives under the garb of visiting the ailing mother,” the order says.
“The accused be directed to maintain proper decorum and discipline so that the members of the escort party are not inconvenienced,” it mentioned, adding that “the accused should not be allowed to address media or anybody on his behalf.”
Tejpal was arrested on November 30 last year for allegedly raping a junior woman colleague during an event in Goa. He has since been lodged in Sada sub jail in Vasco town, about 40 kms from Panaji.