A division bench of the Calcutta High Court Wednesday stayed for a day the execution of a single bench order that directed registration of FIR against TMC MP Tapas Paul for his rape and murder remark and transfer of the case to CID within 72 hours.
A division bench comprising Justice Girish Gupta and Justice Tapabrata Chakraborty directed that “since we are in seize of the matter, the order will not be given effect to till 2 pm tomorrow (Thursday).”
The bench adjourned hearing till Thursday and the matter would be taken up at 10.30 am. The day-long stay was granted after Kalyan Banerjee, a TMC MP and a senior advocate appearing for the state challenged the single bench order and prayed for an interim injunction on Justice Dipankar Dutta’s order.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
He submitted that as Justice Dutta had on Monday ordered that an FIR be registered against Paul within 72 hours of posting of his order in the HC’s website, a stay be granted on the order. Both the West Bengal government and Paul have moved appeals challenging Justice Dutta’s order.