Tallks between Indian and Pakistani officials failed to put trade across the LoC back on track, with the Pakistani delegation demanding release of a Pakistani driver arrested last month after drugs were found in his vehicle.
After the arrest, trade from Uri and Poonch had been suspended by Pakistan demanding release of the driver.
Tuesday’s meeting was held at Kaman Post with Deputy Commissioner Baramulla representing the Indian delegation and Pakistani delegation headed by a retired Brigadier.
The Pakistani delegation insisted on release of the driver lodged in Central jail. Indian officials conveyed to them that the driver cannot be released as he was involved in a drug crime. This is the second meeting that failed to break the ice.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review