Tallks between Indian and Pakistani officials failed to put trade across the LoC back on track, with the Pakistani delegation demanding release of a Pakistani driver arrested last month after drugs were found in his vehicle.
After the arrest, trade from Uri and Poonch had been suspended by Pakistan demanding release of the driver.
Tuesday’s meeting was held at Kaman Post with Deputy Commissioner Baramulla representing the Indian delegation and Pakistani delegation headed by a retired Brigadier.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The Pakistani delegation insisted on release of the driver lodged in Central jail. Indian officials conveyed to them that the driver cannot be released as he was involved in a drug crime. This is the second meeting that failed to break the ice.