Taj Hotels, Resorts & Palaces on Tuesday said it has completed a USD 10-million expansion at its Sri Lankan property, the Gateway Hotel Airport Garden Colombo.
Operational for the past three decades, the Colombo hotel is jointly owned by Mukesh Advani and Prakash Advani, and the Hirdaramani family with 50 per cent stake each.
Since the inception, the hotel is managed and operated by the Taj Group, which also operates two other properties in Sri Lanka at Colombo and Bentota under the Taj and Vivanta brands respectively.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
With this, Gateway Hotel has doubled its capacity to 200 rooms to meet the growing demand and has refurbished the lobby.
“The theme of the new block, consisting of 98 executive rooms and two suites, has been conceptualised to include a modern flavour of Sri Lanka and caters to all segments of MICE, leisure, corporate and transit travellers,” the company said in a statement. It put in USD 10 million in the expansion project.
“Given the hotel’s proximity to the airport and the steady growth of Sri Lankan tourism, we feel it is an opportune time to expand our inventory.” Taj Group area director Sri Lanka Rohit Khosla said.