Taj Hotels, Resorts & Palaces on Tuesday said it has completed a USD 10-million expansion at its Sri Lankan property, the Gateway Hotel Airport Garden Colombo.
Operational for the past three decades, the Colombo hotel is jointly owned by Mukesh Advani and Prakash Advani, and the Hirdaramani family with 50 per cent stake each.
Since the inception, the hotel is managed and operated by the Taj Group, which also operates two other properties in Sri Lanka at Colombo and Bentota under the Taj and Vivanta brands respectively.
With this, Gateway Hotel has doubled its capacity to 200 rooms to meet the growing demand and has refurbished the lobby.
“The theme of the new block, consisting of 98 executive rooms and two suites, has been conceptualised to include a modern flavour of Sri Lanka and caters to all segments of MICE, leisure, corporate and transit travellers,” the company said in a statement. It put in USD 10 million in the expansion project.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Given the hotel’s proximity to the airport and the steady growth of Sri Lankan tourism, we feel it is an opportune time to expand our inventory.” Taj Group area director Sri Lanka Rohit Khosla said.