In further trouble for suspended Maharashtra DIG Sunil Paraskar, accused of molestation and rape by a model, a Preliminary Enquiry (PE) has been launched against him to find if there were administrative lapses on his part while dealing with the victim before she filed police complaint.
“The preliminary enquiry (PE) is being conducted by Joint Police Commissioner (Administration) Vivek Phansalkar,” Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria said today. The PE, started recently, will find out if there were any administrative lapses by Paraskar while dealing with the model. Based on the PE report, DGP Sanjeev Dayal will decide whether a Departmental Enquiry should be initiated against the senior IPS officer, who was suspended yesterday, police said.
Dayal has observed that Paraskar, who claimed to have “friendly relationship” with the 25-year-old victim, appears to have violated Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules and his behaviour amounts to belittling the image of All-India Service Officers, they said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Police recently submitted an investigation progress report to Dayal, who forwarded it to the State Government which subsequently placed him under suspension. “The PE report will have the statements of the accused, victim, witnesses and other evidences gathered by Crime Branch while carrying out investigation into the rape case,” said another officer.
According to police, Paraskar travelled with the model beyond his jurisdiction (to Navi Mumbai) and took expensive gifts from her without prior permission of his seniors. There were also regular conversations between them.
Meanwhile, a forensic science laboratory has fixed September 1 to conduct a voice analysis test on Paraskar. The test is part of investigations into the rape case and is separate from the PE.
The model, in her complaint last month, alleged the 57-year-old officer molested and sexually assaulted her on two occasions in December 2013. According to her, she met Paraskar first in 2012 when he was Additional Commissioner of Police with regard to a case.
Early this month, a city court granted pre-arrest bail to Paraskar, observing that “it appears from the behaviour of the complainant and her emails that the act must be committed with consent.”