A suspected explosive shaped like a pipe was found under a car parked outside Union Minister V Narayanasamy in Puducherry on Wednesday sending the police into a tizzy. The suspected ‘pipe bomb’ was removed from under the car, owned by Narayanasamy’s son, by the bomb detection and disposal squad.
The contraption was found by the minister’s office assistant at around 8.30 this morning and police were informed. The bomb detection and disposal squad removed it from under the car parked outside Narayanasamy’s house. Police officials including DGP P Kamaraj visited the house and said investigations were on. Kamaraj visited the house and said further investigations were on. Congress workers staged protests against Chief Minister N Rangasamy, a Congress rebel who had launched the AINRC and formed government in 2011. ENS
PUCL condemns ‘attempt’ to link prof with Naxals
RAIPUR: The People’s Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL) has “strongly condemned” the attempt of the Chhattisgarh government “to implicate” Delhi University professor Nandini Sundar and others associated with her for alleged links with Maoists.
Recently, the state police had paraded Congress member Badri Gawde before the media where he claimed to have arranged meetings between Sundar and Maoists. He had claimed that Sundar had formed a committee at the behest of Maoists to oppose a rail and mining project in Kanker.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The attempt to link Sundar with Maoists comes in the background of proposed iron ore mining in the Rowghat area, which is being opposed by local tribal populations,” PUCL president Prabhakar Sinha said. ENS