Security forces on Saturday recovered an AK-47 assault rifle and ammunition after suspected militants opened fire on a Road Opening Party (ROP) in Baramulla district of north Kashmir, a defence spokesman said.
Some unidentified gunmen fired at the ROP of the Army near New Colony locality of Palhalan in Pattan, 27 kms from here, on Srinagar Baramulla road around 8:30 AM, the spokesman said.
He said the troops did not fire back to avoid collateral damage as the incident took place in a residential area.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
However, the troops cordoned off the area and carried out a search operation, the spokesman said, adding reinforcement was also rushed to the site to beef up the strength.
During the search, security forces personnel recovered one AK-47 rifle, one magazine and nine rounds of ammunition hidden under a pile of woods, the spokesman said. He said no injury has been reported to any one and the search operations to trace the militants were on till last reports came in.