Security forces on Saturday recovered an AK-47 assault rifle and ammunition after suspected militants opened fire on a Road Opening Party (ROP) in Baramulla district of north Kashmir, a defence spokesman said.
Some unidentified gunmen fired at the ROP of the Army near New Colony locality of Palhalan in Pattan, 27 kms from here, on Srinagar Baramulla road around 8:30 AM, the spokesman said.
He said the troops did not fire back to avoid collateral damage as the incident took place in a residential area.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
However, the troops cordoned off the area and carried out a search operation, the spokesman said, adding reinforcement was also rushed to the site to beef up the strength.
During the search, security forces personnel recovered one AK-47 rifle, one magazine and nine rounds of ammunition hidden under a pile of woods, the spokesman said. He said no injury has been reported to any one and the search operations to trace the militants were on till last reports came in.