Security forces on Saturday recovered an AK-47 assault rifle and ammunition after suspected militants opened fire on a Road Opening Party (ROP) in Baramulla district of north Kashmir, a defence spokesman said.
Some unidentified gunmen fired at the ROP of the Army near New Colony locality of Palhalan in Pattan, 27 kms from here, on Srinagar Baramulla road around 8:30 AM, the spokesman said.
He said the troops did not fire back to avoid collateral damage as the incident took place in a residential area.
However, the troops cordoned off the area and carried out a search operation, the spokesman said, adding reinforcement was also rushed to the site to beef up the strength.
During the search, security forces personnel recovered one AK-47 rifle, one magazine and nine rounds of ammunition hidden under a pile of woods, the spokesman said. He said no injury has been reported to any one and the search operations to trace the militants were on till last reports came in.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More