A man suspected to be an agent of Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence was arrested in Meerut on Saturday on the charge of passing defence information to ISI, a senior police officer said.
Acting on a tip-off, the Special Task Force of the Uttar Pradesh Police arrested Asif Ali from Subash Bazar area in Meerut while he was passing information relating to the Indian Army to ISI, STF DSP Anil Kumar said.
A number of important documents were recovered from him, he said, adding during interrogation, Ali confessed he was an ISI agent.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Pass books and debit cards of Indian and Pakistani banks were recovered from him, the DSP said.
Police interrogation revealed that Ali’s wife and children are staying in Pakistan while he was living in a rented accommodation in Delhi Gate locality in Meerut, Kumar said.
In Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Mukul Goel said preliminary investigations showed Ali was passing information about Indian Army to ISI.
He got married in Pakistan and had two children there, the police officer said, adding “he used to go there on the pretext of meeting his family”.
Goel said during one of these visits seven to eight years ago he came in contact with some ISI officials.
“Since then he has been involved in this activity,” he said.