The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has arrested a suspected Indian Mujahideen (IM) activist in connection with Bodh Gaya serial blasts from a village in Bihar’s Arwal district, police said on Sunday.
Acting on a tip off, the NIA team arrested the suspected IM activist Mohd Irfan from Auwgila village late last night, Superintendent of Police (SP) Shafi-Ul Haque said.
Immediately after his arrest, the NIA team took Irfan to Patna in a vehicle under tight security for questioning in connection with the Bodh Gaya serial blasts, the SP said.
Haque said that NIA had detained two more persons — Raj Nandan and Ranjan — for interrogation from different villages of the same district and released the duo after their complicity in the Bodh Gaya blasts could not be ascertained.
The Indian Mujahideen (IM) had carried out serial blasts at the Mahabodhi temple and adjoining areas in Bodh Gaya in which two persons were injured on July 7, 2013.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016