External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj is likely to visit Bangladesh this month-end in her what could be her first stand-alone bilateral visit to a South Asian country since assuming charge.
While dates of Swaraj’s visit are yet to be finalized, indications are that she will go to Dhaka this month.
External Affairs Ministry Spokesman said the Minister is going to a neighbouring country this month but did not specify the country and the dates.
Asked if Bhutan will be the first outside visit for the External Affairs Minister as well apart from that of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Spokesman said “I can confirm that both the Prime Minister of India and the External Affairs Minister of India will have their first visits to neighbours and both these are in June”.
“If you would like to know whether the External Affairs Minister independently would be going to another neighbour, my answer would be yes”, he said adding “this will indicate to you that the neighbourhood is India’s priority. We will let you know those when, because it is not before the visit of the Prime Minister to Bhutan.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Bangladesh Foreign Minister A H Mahmood Ali had written a letter to Swaraj soon after she was sworn in as External Affairs Minister on May 26, felicitating her and inviting her to visit Bangladesh.