As the NDA government and BJP battle to contain the fallout of the revelations involving Lalit Modi, Sushma Swaraj is set to head off for the US on June 20 as planned.
Swaraj is to lead the International Yoga Day celebrations in New York on June 21. “As of now, the minister’s travel plans are in place. There is no clearing of her schedule. She will be travelling by Air India,” an official said.
The official said the minister was also going about her daily schedule in a “business-as-usual” manner. On Tuesday, she flagged off the first batch of Kailash Mansarovar Yatra from the new route, though media was kept out and only cameras allowed at the event.
- Sushma Swaraj meets KP Oli, says visit devoid of any agenda
- Swaraj says ‘no fixed agenda’ for talks with top Nepal leaders
- India reaches out to Nepal, Sushma Swaraj meets ‘pro-China’ Oli today
- Sushma Swaraj to visit Nepal tomorrow
- Terrorism more dangerous when actively backed by states, says Sushma Swaraj
- Absurdity beyond measure, says Sushma on Pak’s claim of detecting metallic substance in shoes of Kulbhushan Jadhav’s wife
Swaraj talked about the yatra, calling it “God’s calling” for pilgrims.
On Monday, she spent five hours in office from 11 am.
Sources close to Swaraj said she was “monitoring” every bit of news on the controversy, including press conferences held by the Congress on Monday and by colleagues Arun Jaitley and Rajnath Singh on Tuesday.