Visiting External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Thursday called on Bangladesh President Abdul Hamid here and discussed issues of mutual interest.
“The President congratulated Sushma Swaraj on assumption of the high office of external affairs minister and expressed the hope that her visit will further strengthen friendly relations between the two countries,” a presidential palace spokesman told PTI.
Swaraj, he said, stayed at the Bangabhaban for about 40 minutes where the president also hoped that the existing problems between the two countries will be solved through discussions.
“The President requested her to convey his regards and best wishes to the President and Prime Minister of India,” the president’s press secretary Ihsanul Karim said.
Swaraj told the president that she had a fruitful discussion with her Bangladeshi counterpart.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh and Indian High Commissioner to Bangladesh Pankaj Saran, Bangladesh Ambassador to India Tarik A Karim, Bangladesh Foreign Secretary Shahidul Haque and presidential officials were present during the meeting.