Making a strong attack against Narendra Modi,whom he termed a “megalomaniac psychopath liar”,Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh today stoked a fresh controversy saying why can BJP not field a “better leader” like Sushma Swaraj as its prime ministerial candidate.
Swaraj,however,was quick to dismiss Singh’s comments with the retort,”Even I think Digvijay Singhji is a better candidate than Rahul Gandhi” on ‘twitter.com’.
The BJP leader’s response was to a tweet by Singh in which he,while slamming Modi over his remarks that Jawaharlal Nehru did not attend the funeral of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel,said “And BJP wants Indian Voters to vote for this Megalomaniac Psychopath Lier (sic)! Couldn’t BJP find a better leader? What’s wrong with Sushma?”
This is not the first time that Singh has called for Swaraj to be named BJP’s prime ministerial candidate. Last year as well,Singh had said it was Swaraj’s “right” to be seen as a contender for the prime minister’s chair.
“In British Parliament,the Leader of Opposition is considered the shadow prime minister. If we go by that system,Sushma should be the shadow PM here also. But I was surprised when Sushma declared someone else as the contender for PM… It is your right Sushmaji,” Singh had said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Downplaying the Congress leader’s comments,Swaraj had said that Singh had an old habit of creating disputes and was doing just that in the circumstances. Contradicting Modi’s alleged remarks about Nehru not having attended Patel’s funeral,Singh cited the autobiography of former Prime Minister Morarji Desai saying it “confirms Nehru and Rajendra Prasad’s participation at the funeral in Mumbai”.
“Modi must issue a public apology! Feku at his best,” he said in a tweet,which also had a link to the autobiography of Desai. Singh was referring to a statement reportedly made by Modi in Udaipur that Nehru had not attended India’s first home