Sushma Swaraj, once a star national campaigner and one of BJP’s best orators, has this time kept herself to Madhya Pradesh, campaigning nowhere outside except in Delhi and Haryana since the announcement of general elections.
Her rallies in Orissa were cancelled apparently because her helicopter could not take off due to a technical glitch. She has given a complete miss to Karnataka, a state she has regularly visited. The reason is not far to seek. She had tweeted that B Sreeramulu was taken into the party despite her stiff opposition.
Sushma, who enjoys a personal rapport with Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, has campaigned in some seats in the state but has spent most of her time in Vidisha that goes to polls on April 24. Narendra Modi has found only an occasional mention in her election speeches, where she has emphasised that he was the party’s official candidate for the PM’s job as against the Congress’s nirakaar leadership.
She won Vidisha with a margin of 3.89 lakh votes in 2009 and does not fail to talk about increasing it to four lakh, a psychological boost making her the number one parliamentarian in the country.
Chhindwara, Rajgarh, Satna, Khajuraho and Guna are among the seats she toured in MP where Chouhan addressed at least 155 rallies by the time campaigning ended on Tuesday. “It’s difficult to count the number of rallies and roadshows Sushma held in Vidisha,’’ one of her aides told The Indian Express without explaining the reasons behind why she showed up only in Delhi and Haryana. But, the aide added, after the end of third and last phase of voting in MP on April 24, Sushma will start campaigning elsewhere. She is set to address rallies in Telangana on April 26 and Gujarat on April 27.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
For now, Sushma is keeping a low profile. The only aberration was when shelost her cool when no one turned up to receive her at Shivpuri helipad and gave Guna candidate Jaibhan Singh Pavaiyya a piece of her mind in Ashoknagar.
She has also stopped tweeting.