Keeping up with its tradition, as many as 27 students of ‘Super 30’ made it to the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) cracking the prestigious JEE, the results of which were declared on Thursday.
“With the students basking in glory after their success in JEE-Advance for admission in IIT and sweets being distributed, my family members got down to his usual cooking for the students to prepare something special for the day to leave a lasting flavour. After all, such occasions come, only once a year and the flavour of the day has no match”, writes Anand Kumar, founder Super 30, on his Facebook page.
According to reports, among the successful this year are the son of a cobbler, grocer and a roadside vendor.
It is noteworthy that the super 30 is a highly ambitious and innovative educational program running under the banner of ‘Ramanujan School of Mathematics’. It hunts for 30 meritorious talents from among the economically backward sections of the society and shapes them for India’s most prestigious institution – the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). In the last seven years, it has produced hundreds IITians from extremely poor background.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Experiencing acute poverty in his student days, which prevented him from going to Cambridge University for higher education, Anand Kumar made his life a mission to help wards of humble background of his Super 30 realise their dreams.
During this program students are provided absolutely free coaching, lodging and food. Super 30 targets students from extremely poor families. They have all seen the change with sheer disbelief in their eyes that their children are now going to be top technocrats.
(Pictures: Anand Kumar)