The autopsy report of Union minister Shashi Tharoor’s wife Sunanda is learnt to have said that she died due to “poisoning” and neither confirmed nor ruled out suicide.
The autopsy, sources said, also found over a dozen injury marks in the upper extremity of her upper body — on one arm, hand, chin, and neck regions — and interpreted them as “scuffle marks”.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Although “nominal traces” of the anti-anxiety drug Alprazolam were found, there were “no findings suggestive of drug overdose”.
The sources did not elaborate on the nature of the poison/s .
“The autopsy has not ruled out suicide. It has only said the cause of death is poisoning,” a source said. The autopsy said Sunanda’s “cardiac death” was “not from any natural causes or pre-existing disease”.
The autopsy report was submitted to SDM Alok Sharma. He will submit a copy to the Delhi Police Tuesday and ask it to probe further.
Police sources said CCTV footage of Leela Palace hotel — where Sunanda was found dead Friday — established she was last seen on January 16 afternoon, speaking on her mobile phone in the lobby.
Investigators claimed they had seized two strips of Alprax tablets from Sunanda’s purse of which a few tablets were left. However, sources said it was not clear if she consumed the rest the same day.