The probe into the mysterious death of Sunanda Pushkar, wife of Union Minister Shashi Tharoor, on Thursday was transfered to the elite Crime Branch of Delhi Police, a week after she was found dead in a luxury hotel.
Sources said the high-profile case has been handed over to Crime Branch considering “various aspects” involving it.
On Tuesday, a sub-divisional magistrate, who probed Sunanda’s death, had directed the police to investigate murder or suicide angles in the case after the autopsy report mentioned “poisoning” as the reason for her demise.
52-year-old Sunanda was found dead in a 5-star hotel in South Delhi on Friday night, a day after her twitter spat with Pakistani journalist Mehr Tarar over an alleged affair with Tharoor. In a report to the police, SDM, who has recorded the statements of Sunanda’s brother, son, Tharoor and his staff, said that no family member suspected any foul play in the death.
The sources had said autopsy report also mentions a “deep teeth bite” on the edge of the left palm apart from mentioning over a dozen injury marks. They had said autopsy report has found mix of two drugs – Alprazolam and Excedrin in Sunanda’s body. Excedrin is a combination of acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The SDM, in his report, had said Sunanda could have died in “just three ways, homicidal, suicidal and accidental” and police should investigate further to ascertain the reason of her death. The SDM said under section 176 of CrPC his job was to determine cause of the death which has been established as poisoning. Any death within seven years of marriage is legally required to be investigated by the sub-divisional magistrate.