The Crime Branch probing the mysterious death of Sunanda Pushkar will go for advanced forensic tests to determine cause of injuries on her body as it tries to unravel whether it was a case of suicide, homicide or accident.
Investigators said autopsy report had mentioned more than a dozen injury marks on Sunanda’s body besides a “deep teeth bite” on the edge of her left palm and they were trying to ascertain whether the injuries were “inflicted” on her.
They said doctors who conducted autopsy on her body had preserved Sunanda’s skin samples where the injuries were found and the advanced forensic tests like histopathology would be carried out to determine how old the injuries were and its causes.
Union Minister Shashi Tharoor’s wife Sunanda, 52, was found dead in a 5-star hotel in South Delhi on Friday night, a day after her twitter spat with Pakistani journalist Mehr Tarar over an alleged affair with Tharoor.
The probe into the high-profile case was transfered to the Crime Branch on Thursday considering its “sensitive nature” and “complexities” involved.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The autopsy report had mentioned use of blunt force for the injury marks on both her hands and left cheek. Forensic experts are of the view that whether the injuries were self inflicted or otherwise can only be ascertained by detailed histopathology tests.
On Tuesday, a sub-divisional magistrate had directed Delhi Police to investigate the murder or suicide angles in the case that the nature of those injuries and how old they were, would help them in the case.
Top officials of south district police, who were handling the case till Thursday, briefed the Crime Branch investigators about the case in an hour long meeting on Friday.
The investigators said they were also waiting for the toxicology report from the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) to know what sort of poison had caused her death as the SDM report had concluded that she died of “poisoning”.