Investigations into the death of Union minister Shashi Tharoor’s wife Sunanda are believed to have found that she died of “hidden poisoning”.
Sources privy to her autopsy report said traces of two medicines, Alprazolam and Excedrin, have been found in her body. While Alprazolam is an anti-depressant, Excedrin is a painkiller — a combination of acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
However, police said that the exact cause of death will be confirmed only after the viscera report is obtained. The viscera samples have been sent to the CSFL lab for examination.
Sources said the five-page autopsy report mentions a deep mark on Sunanda’s left palm and an abrasion on her cheek. Police said none of these marks, referred to as “scuffle” marks, were fatal in nature.
However, they added that as of now, all angles are being probed. Meanwhile, investigators said they have recovered a broken glass from suite 345 at the Leela Palace here, where the 52-year-old Sunanda was found dead. Police said they suspect it could have broken during a scuffle between her and Tharoor.
In their statements to the SDM, Narayan and Bajrangi, both of whom are the couple’s personal attendants, claimed they often had arguments and scuffles.