BJP leader Subramanian Swamy has sought reinstatement of a senior Enforcement Directorate official probing the 2G scam who has gone on a ‘study leave’ apparently owing to lack of clarity over his continuance in the agency.
The case pertains to Deputy Director Rajeshwar Singh who has been nominated as the Investigating Officer (IO) in the 2G case by the Supreme Court.
“The Enforcement Directorate surprisingly has not yet implemented the Supreme Court’s order to re-instate Deputy Director Rajeshwar Singh, the Investigating Officer (IO) of 2G scam cases and Aircel-Maxis probe.
“The next hearing on the 2G and Aircel-Maxis cases in Supreme Court is scheduled for September 2 and it will consider the non-implementation of the Supreme Court order. It may lead to a contempt of court proceedings. To avoid this embarrassment in the court for the government you may consider giving an appropriate direction to the Finance Ministry to implement the SC order immediately,” Swamy said in his letter of August 22 to Modi.
He has also sent a copy of the same communication to Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Singh has proceeded on a year-long study leave to pursue a Post-graduate Degree in Law even as the money laundering and foreign exchange violations probe in the 2G spectrum allocation case remains far from completion.