BJP leader Subramaniam Swamy has urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to initiate steps to rebuild the Ram Temple in Ayodhya by 2016 and fulfil the party’s commitment to the electorate.
In a letter to Modi, he has suggested appointment of a former Chief Justice of India like S H Kapadia as the executor who may liaise with a designated minister like Gen V K Singh.
The designated minister, Swamy said, may issue notice to the hereditary supervisor of Babri Masjid asking him to formally withdraw his claim to the Ram Janmabhoomi and offer him an alternative site for a masjid to be built at public expense across the Saryu river.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The former Minister also suggested calling a meeting of Islamic clerics including from abroad and seek an endorsement and if it is not forthcoming then Government should move an enabling bill in the Parliament and get it passed.
He wants a Ram Temple rebuilding committee on the Somnath temple model.