A Class XII student has been barred from taking the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) for three years for allegedly scribbling abuses against the examiner on his answer-sheet after he was caught cheating in the exams.
To set an example for such cases, the GSHSEB examination committee took the decision on Thursday. “Generally candidates scribble irrelevant things on the answer-sheets and most of the times, evaluators do not report this to the board. But in this case, he was first caught copying in the exam hall and then scribbled abuses in his answer-sheet,” said Bharat Chaudhary, GSHSEB examination committee member.
The candidate, appearing for Class XII Psychology examination at a school in Surendranagar district, was caught cheating by the examiner. When he was handed back the answer-sheet to complete his paper after recording the “copy case” on his sheet, he scribbled the abuses.
- Class XII biology paper leak case: On-the-spot test triggers protest
- Cheating in exam hall- 10 years in jail, Rs 50,000 penalty: GSHSEB for revision of 1972 Act
- GSHSEB exams: Class X student reveals his cousin wrote six papers for him
- Copy Cats-II: During hearing, most parents deny cheating, some beat their children
- 29 teachers served notices for lapse in duty, no copy case from Ahmedabad
- State board panel to study feasibility of making Class X exam optional