State plans to remodel 17,255 ponds

To ensure the remodeling 17,255 village water ponds across the state,Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has given his nod for submitting a comprehensive proposal to the Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation,seeking funds worth Rs 762 crore from the Centre’s flexi funds of Rs 9,000 crore under the 12th Five Year Plan.

Written by Express News Service | Chandigarh | Updated: April 14, 2014 12:09 pm

To ensure the remodeling 17,255 village water ponds across the state,Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has given his nod for submitting a comprehensive proposal to the Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation,seeking funds worth Rs 762 crore from the Centre’s flexi funds of Rs 9,000 crore under the 12th Five Year Plan.

The Union government,under the guidelines of this flexi fund,has sought proposals from different states for the implementation of solid and liquid based management in villages. Under this project,while 70 per cent of the entire project cost will be borne by the Centre,the rest — 30 per cent — will be shared by the state.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App

    Live Cricket Scores & Results