Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has exuded confidence that Prime Minister Narendra Modi would be able to deliver the promises he made to the people during his election campaign.
“That’s what his track record says. In the past he has done like that,” he said, hoping that Modi would take all sections of people together, work for the betterment of the country and make it stronger.
“He (Modi) is taking the right step. He is working hard… We should give him enough time,” Ravi Shankar, currently on a visit to Washington DC, told PTI at an event organised by the American Enterprise Institute (AEI), an eminent US think tank.
Ravi Shankar, whose Art of Living Foundation has centres in Pakistan also, said both India and Pakistan are wise enough
to take steps towards lasting peace between them.
“Both are nuclear powers. Both countries know that conflict is not a solution,” he said adding that the leaders of the two countries know that co-operation is key to their prosperity and they can benefit from each other in a competitive world.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“They know the only way forward is the economic growth, cooperation and cordial relation,” he said.
“One thing for sure, the leaders (of India and Pakistan) are not foolish to wage war against each other,” he asserted.