- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
SP’s Kailash Chaurasia, transgender Kamla file nomination for Varanasi seat
Samajwadi Party candidate Kailash Chaurasia and transgender Kamla, who will be challenging BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi from the Varanasi Lok Sabha seat, filed their nomination papers on Saturday.
Besides Modi, the two will also be fighting the electoral battle against Aam Aadmi Party leader and former Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal and Ajay Rai of Congress.
“I am contesting the Lok Sabha election as a public servant and not as a ruler,” Chaurasia, who resigned from the post of minister of state in the Akhilesh Yadav government to contest the Lok Sabha elections, said.