Samajwadi Party candidate Kailash Chaurasia and transgender Kamla, who will be challenging BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi from the Varanasi Lok Sabha seat, filed their nomination papers on Saturday.
Besides Modi, the two will also be fighting the electoral battle against Aam Aadmi Party leader and former Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal and Ajay Rai of Congress.
“I am contesting the Lok Sabha election as a public servant and not as a ruler,” Chaurasia, who resigned from the post of minister of state in the Akhilesh Yadav government to contest the Lok Sabha elections, said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen