Two school children were crushed to death and seven others injured by a speeding truck his morning here, following which locals blocked the Delhi-Dehradun Highway and pelted stones at the police.
The incident occurred when five children were going to school and a speeding truck hit them from behind near Chaparral illage, killing Anas (10) and Bushra (11) on the spot and njuring the rest, police said.
- Waiting to cross highway, nine students killed in Bihar accident
- RTO officer killed as speeding truck hits him in Odisha
- 4 killed, 15 injured in head-on collision with truck in West Bengal
- 30-yr-old dies, five injured as SUV rams into truck in Mehrauli
- Australian killed in Yamuna Expressway pile-up
- Truck mows down two motorcycle riders
Bodies have been sent for post-mortem and four others, who also received injuries in the accident were shifted to a nearby hospital for treatment along with the (injured) children, they said.
Angry locals caught the driver and thrashed him before handing him over to the police, they said, adding, they also blocked the national highway and pelted stones at the police due to which traffic was affected.
Senior police officers rushed to the spot and dispersed the crowd.