Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan has called the customary meeting of floor leaders of parties on Saturday to discuss business for Parliament session, scheduled to begin from July 7.
The highlight of the session will be the presentation of the first budget of the Narendra Modi-led government by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on July 10. While the Railway budget will be presented on July 8, the Economic Survey will be released on July 9.
The Lok Sabha will also elect the deputy speaker during the session. The post may go to an opposition party. The favourite is M Thambidurai of the AIADMK, who has held this position earlier. The Congress is unlikely to get the status of Leader of Opposition for its leader Mallikarjun Kharge, but there is no way the BJP-led government can deny the single largest party the chairmanship of the vital Public Accounts Committee.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage