On a day Sahara group chief Subrata Roy was arrested by the Lucknow Police, the Samajwadi Party Friday termed the events us “unfortunate” and claimed the Centre was acting out of “vengeance”.
“Whatever is happening is very unfortunate. It shows vengeance on the part of the central government. It also seems SEBI is not revealing all the facts and is working with a feeling of revenge too,” SP leader and MP Naresh Agarwal said.
He said it was difficult to understand how Roy, who was just a shareholder and not the director, become the culprit. Roy is perceived to have a good relationship with the SP leadership, which is currently in power in Uttar Pradesh.
The Supreme Court had on Wednesday ordered Roy’s arrest for his production in court on March 4 over the group’s failure to refund investors’ money. The apex court is hearing SEBI’s contempt petitions against Sahara for its failure to refund Rs 24,000 crore to its investors.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More