Ruling SP will bank on its performance in Uttar Pradesh during the upcoming Lok Sabha polls and expects to win seats “in large numbers”, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday said.
“SP would gain seats in large numbers in the coming polls as it has done work…the works that we have done is before the people… there is no village left which has not benefitted from schemes like laptop distribution, kanya vidhaydhan among others,” he told reporters after a meeting of the state cabinet.
Without naming BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, he said, “Some people were out to compete with us on rallies but were defeated…then compared us with achievements but got defeated in that also.”
On decisions taken in the cabinet meeting, he said a new medical university would be set up in Noida where a medical college and hospital were coming up, and a new Haj house would be constructed in Ghaziabad.
Besides, a stadium on PPP model would be constructed in Lucknow, he said, adding that “shiksha mitras” would be adjusted as assistant teachers. Shiksha mitras who are in sizeable numbers and work on honorarium had long been demanding government jobs and had staged protests in the state capital for the purpose. To a question on the poll surveys, he said they are not always correct.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More