Claiming that disclosures in the books written by former coal secretary P C Parakh and the Prime Minister’s former media advisor Sanjaya Baru have established its allegations of Congress president Sonia Gandhi being the real power in the UPA government, the BJP Monday asserted that the Congress’s “first family” should be held accountable for the alleged misdeeds of the Congress-led government.
“The two books have only reinforced what BJP has been saying all this while. The family cannot any longer run away from the responsibility of answering questions. It is now time to answer questions. It is time for them to come out clean, rather than go on deflecting from this issue,” BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said addressing a press conference after Parakh’s book was released here.
“These books have raised serious questions about the way this government functioned and set its priorities. With the Prime Minister not being in control leads us to ask questions from Sonia Gandhi. The first family can not run away from answers,” Sitharaman said.
The Congress, however, defended the Prime Minister on the coal blocks allocation issue, saying he made the process more transparent and had even faced opposition from five non-Congress chief ministers. Congress recalled that the PM had indicated that the CBI lodging the FIR against Parakh in the coal block allocation was not proper.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More