Days after Priyanka Vadra accused Narendra Modi of resorting to “neech rajniti (low-level politics)”, Congress president Sonia Gandhi levelled a similar charge against the BJP PM candidate and slammed him for “insulting” former PM Rajiv Gandhi.
Addressing a rally in Kushinagar in favour of Congress sitting MP and party candidate R P N Singh, Sonia invoked former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee and said he had respected the dignity of the chair. However, leaders like Modi insulted former PM Rajiv Gandhi even 23 years after his martyrdom, Sonia added.
“If we do not call this “neech”, then what else should we call it?” she said. She added that any person who dreams of becoming PM should understand the rich culture of the country first and that such “neech rajniti” does not suit anyone.
She also warned the gathering of the repercussions a person like Modi coming to power at the Centre.
Modi, in his rally in Amethi, had said Rajiv Gandhi had practiced the politics of anger and had insulted the then CM of Andhra Pradesh publicly.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Armed with data, Sonia also raised questions about the “Gujarat model” of development. She said a large number of women and children are malnourished in the state and about 40 per cent of rural areas do not get water for drinking and irrigation.