In an open, clear message to all the party members in Kerala, Congress President Sonia Gandhi said that there is no groupism within the party. “I know only one group and that is Congress,” she said.
Addressing a special convention of the party’s Kerala unit, Gandhi said, “To me there is only Congress and that’s how we will face this election.”
Sonia Gandhi’s repeated comments against factionalism assume significance as during the past few days there has been infighting within the group over the appointment of V M Sudheeran as the party state president. Infact, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy did not even receive Gandhi due to his resentment over making Sudheeran party state president.The groups had actually projected speaker G Karthikeyan as a mutually-agreed candidate.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Both Chandy and Chennithala were present at the venue, when Gandhi blasted the group activities.
Meanwhile, newly appointed Congress state president V M Sudheeran said that the party would acknowledge those who come out of groups.