In an open, clear message to all the party members in Kerala, Congress President Sonia Gandhi said that there is no groupism within the party. “I know only one group and that is Congress,” she said.
Addressing a special convention of the party’s Kerala unit, Gandhi said, “To me there is only Congress and that’s how we will face this election.”
Sonia Gandhi’s repeated comments against factionalism assume significance as during the past few days there has been infighting within the group over the appointment of V M Sudheeran as the party state president. Infact, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy did not even receive Gandhi due to his resentment over making Sudheeran party state president.The groups had actually projected speaker G Karthikeyan as a mutually-agreed candidate.
Both Chandy and Chennithala were present at the venue, when Gandhi blasted the group activities.
Meanwhile, newly appointed Congress state president V M Sudheeran said that the party would acknowledge those who come out of groups.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More