On a visit to Karnataka to highlight the initiatives of the ruling UPA government, UPA chairperson and Congress president Sonia Gandhi Saturday launched an attack on the opposition BJP, accusing the party of indulging in “zeher ki kheti” (sowing seeds of poison) to attain power.
Addressing a rally in Gulbarga, Sonia said that while other parties hankered after power, Congress was concerned about the country. She said the BJP and other parties were so hungry for power that they are willing to sow the seeds of poison to achieve it.
“I want to ask those who are constantly beating their own drums whether they intend to do good for the country. Their only aim is to capture power and they will resort to any kind of conspiracy to achieve it. You have to be wary of these people and their intentions,” she said. “I believe you will not allow those dividing society for their politics to succeed.”
The Hyderabad-Karnataka region, where the UPA has set in motion a series of initiatives, is considered a key region for the Congress in the Lok Sabha polls. The region, encompassing districts of Bidar, Gulbarga, Yadgir, Raichur, Koppal and Bellary, has a sizeable minorities and backward caste population, which the Congress views as its traditional vote base.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“We are concerned about alleviating poverty and self-respect for the poor. We want to foster brotherhood among all communities and maintain peace. So, we are in a position to speed up development in country,” Gandhi said. “The Congress is concerned about the future of Hyderabad-Karnataka. Rahulji had promised and as per constitutional provisions, we gave special status to Gulbarga, Yadgir, Raichur, Koppal, Bellary and Bidar districts.”