- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
Sonakshi tweets to campaign for father Shatrughan
Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha’s daughter actress Sonakshi has found a unique way to campaign for her father’s re-election to Patna Sahib Lok Sabha seat.
Though Shatrughan’s elder son Luv has been giving father company during his campaign, daughter Sonakshi is not finding time for it because of her shooting commitments and thus has taken up the social media for the purpose.
The ‘Dabaang’ heroine has been sending messages through her Twitter account, mother Poonam Sinha said here on Monday.
Sonakshi has seven million followers on Twitter to whom she has been sending messages in favour of her father, her mother said.
Poonam, herself an actress, is criss-crossing different localities seeking support for her husband.
“Patna is my sasural (in-laws’ house)…I feel at home meeting people here and they also shower a lot of love and affection on us,” she said.
“We are convincing people that Narendra Modi is needed for the country as a ‘strong’ Prime Minister,” she said.
Sinha is crossing swords with Bhojpuri actor Kunal Singh of Congress, noted doctor Gopal Prasad Sinha of JD-U and former minister and Aam Aadmi Party nominee Parveen Amanullah in Patna Sahib which will go to polls on April 17.