- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
- After Rahul word, concrete offer: Flats for slum dwellers
Son of BJP MLA opens fire, 5 Congressmen injured
Golu Singh, who has a past criminal record, fired at his rivals following a dispute in which five Congressmen suffered injuries.
Five Congressmen were injured today when son of BJP MLA Pratibha Singh opened fire at his rivals while campaigning at Mankhedi village under the Jabalpur Lok Sabha seat following a dispute, police said.
“Golu Singh, who has a past criminal record, fired at his rivals following a dispute in which five Congressmen identified as Durjan Patel, Abhay Pratap, Nilesh Singh, Rakesh Patel and Roopsingh Patel suffered injuries,” Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Makrand Deoskar told reporters.
Among the injured, four were admitted to government medical college here for treatment, where their condition is said to be stable, he said.
Congress candidate and noted lawyer from Jabalpur Lok Sabha seat Vivek Tankha reached the hospital where a large number of Congressmen gathered and held protest demanding action against the accused.
So far, Singh has not been arrested, the police said.