Five Congressmen were injured today when son of BJP MLA Pratibha Singh opened fire at his rivals while campaigning at Mankhedi village under the Jabalpur Lok Sabha seat following a dispute, police said.
“Golu Singh, who has a past criminal record, fired at his rivals following a dispute in which five Congressmen identified as Durjan Patel, Abhay Pratap, Nilesh Singh, Rakesh Patel and Roopsingh Patel suffered injuries,” Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Makrand Deoskar told reporters.
Among the injured, four were admitted to government medical college here for treatment, where their condition is said to be stable, he said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Congress candidate and noted lawyer from Jabalpur Lok Sabha seat Vivek Tankha reached the hospital where a large number of Congressmen gathered and held protest demanding action against the accused.
So far, Singh has not been arrested, the police said.