Five Congressmen were injured today when son of BJP MLA Pratibha Singh opened fire at his rivals while campaigning at Mankhedi village under the Jabalpur Lok Sabha seat following a dispute, police said.
“Golu Singh, who has a past criminal record, fired at his rivals following a dispute in which five Congressmen identified as Durjan Patel, Abhay Pratap, Nilesh Singh, Rakesh Patel and Roopsingh Patel suffered injuries,” Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Makrand Deoskar told reporters.
Among the injured, four were admitted to government medical college here for treatment, where their condition is said to be stable, he said.
Congress candidate and noted lawyer from Jabalpur Lok Sabha seat Vivek Tankha reached the hospital where a large number of Congressmen gathered and held protest demanding action against the accused.
So far, Singh has not been arrested, the police said.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn