Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Sunday attacked the political parties for projecting Narendra Modi as an “enemy” of Muslims and claimed that under his leadership both majority and minority communities will progress.
“Some political parties, which have been using Muslims as a vote-bank, are trying to confuse the community by projecting him (Modi) as their enemy. These parties are spreading the word that Muslims will face injustice (if Modi becomes the Prime Minister),” Ramdev told reporters without giving names of the parties.
The Yoga guru, who has extended his conditional support to the BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate, said that Modi has leadership qualities and his intention was to develop this country. “That’s why if Modiji becomes Prime Minister, Muslims will move forward along with their Hindu brethren. Those parties which have been using Muslims as vote-bank will not succeed in their propaganda this time,” he said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Muslims should not be viewed with suspicion. What they need is employment, right to live with honour and dignity and good education and this can happen only if India has better universities than Europe and US, Ramdev said. “There are opportunities to create 20 crore new jobs in the country. However, for that to happen we need an able administration and a strong leader.”
Ramdev said he will conduct a “Yog Mahotsav” (yoga festival) on March 23 which will witness participation of over 10 crore people from across the country. More than 10 lakh people will perform yoga in Delhi along with him.
The mega programme is aimed at mobilising public support for Modi and his party in the upcoming Lok Sabha election, he said. “Modi agrees with us on the issues of black money, corruption and change in prevailing system. Hence, we are supporting him,” the yoga guru maintained.