Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Sunday attacked the political parties for projecting Narendra Modi as an “enemy” of Muslims and claimed that under his leadership both majority and minority communities will progress.
“Some political parties, which have been using Muslims as a vote-bank, are trying to confuse the community by projecting him (Modi) as their enemy. These parties are spreading the word that Muslims will face injustice (if Modi becomes the Prime Minister),” Ramdev told reporters without giving names of the parties.
The Yoga guru, who has extended his conditional support to the BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate, said that Modi has leadership qualities and his intention was to develop this country. “That’s why if Modiji becomes Prime Minister, Muslims will move forward along with their Hindu brethren. Those parties which have been using Muslims as vote-bank will not succeed in their propaganda this time,” he said.
Muslims should not be viewed with suspicion. What they need is employment, right to live with honour and dignity and good education and this can happen only if India has better universities than Europe and US, Ramdev said. “There are opportunities to create 20 crore new jobs in the country. However, for that to happen we need an able administration and a strong leader.”
Ramdev said he will conduct a “Yog Mahotsav” (yoga festival) on March 23 which will witness participation of over 10 crore people from across the country. More than 10 lakh people will perform yoga in Delhi along with him.
The mega programme is aimed at mobilising public support for Modi and his party in the upcoming Lok Sabha election, he said. “Modi agrees with us on the issues of black money, corruption and change in prevailing system. Hence, we are supporting him,” the yoga guru maintained.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review