BJP legislator from Sardhana, Sangeet Singh Som, who was accused of making an inflammatory speech during the Muzaffarnagar riots, sparked another row on Saturday after he allegedly warned the administration of “unrest in the entire district” if the culprits in a case of twin murders were not caught. The remarks came after a 15-year-old girl and her cousin, who had been reported missing since June 4, were found dead.
The UP government led by Akhilesh Yadav had, earlier, slapped NSA on Som in connection with his alleged inflammatory speech during the riots. Sources said the state government, which is in a damage control mode after being decimated in the Lok Sabha polls by the BJP, may take action against the legislator after a report is filed in this connection by the local administration.
On getting the information about the two murders, Som, along with his supporters, reached Kurthal village on Saturday to meet the families of the victims. Addressing a small gathering he said, “The law and order situation in the state is at its worst. Agar aropiyon ko pakda nahi gaya to hum zile mein bawaal macha denge (we will create unrest in the district if culprits were not arrested soon).”
The 15-year-old girl and her cousin had been missing since June 4 and the family members had lodged a report with the police. “The body of a youth was pulled out of a well in the village on Friday while his cousin’s body was found in a local field with her face charred. Prima facie it appears the girl may have been raped before being killed. A case has been registered in this connection while the inquiry is underway,” said Ashok Priyadarshi, SP (rural), Muzaffarnagar. The police believe the youth may have been killed by alleged rapists while he was trying to save his sister. The police have arrested one Arvind of the same village and is questioning him.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More