BJP legislator from Sardhana, Sangeet Singh Som, who was accused of making an inflammatory speech during the Muzaffarnagar riots, sparked another row on Saturday after he allegedly warned the administration of “unrest in the entire district” if the culprits in a case of twin murders were not caught. The remarks came after a 15-year-old girl and her cousin, who had been reported missing since June 4, were found dead.
The UP government led by Akhilesh Yadav had, earlier, slapped NSA on Som in connection with his alleged inflammatory speech during the riots. Sources said the state government, which is in a damage control mode after being decimated in the Lok Sabha polls by the BJP, may take action against the legislator after a report is filed in this connection by the local administration.
On getting the information about the two murders, Som, along with his supporters, reached Kurthal village on Saturday to meet the families of the victims. Addressing a small gathering he said, “The law and order situation in the state is at its worst. Agar aropiyon ko pakda nahi gaya to hum zile mein bawaal macha denge (we will create unrest in the district if culprits were not arrested soon).”
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The 15-year-old girl and her cousin had been missing since June 4 and the family members had lodged a report with the police. “The body of a youth was pulled out of a well in the village on Friday while his cousin’s body was found in a local field with her face charred. Prima facie it appears the girl may have been raped before being killed. A case has been registered in this connection while the inquiry is underway,” said Ashok Priyadarshi, SP (rural), Muzaffarnagar. The police believe the youth may have been killed by alleged rapists while he was trying to save his sister. The police have arrested one Arvind of the same village and is questioning him.