Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday took stock of the probe into the brutal rape and murder of a woman in Mohanlalganj area here and directed police officials to solve the case at the earliest.
The Chief Minister, who expressed his displeasure to the officials, has said that the state government was very serious in solving this tragic and unfortunate incident and exposing the culprits at the earliest, an official spokesman said.
Yadav also announced financial assistance of Rs 10 lakh to the two children of the deceased besides meeting the expenditure on their education, he said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The incident came to light on Thursday when the woman’s nude body was spotted by a watchman near a primary school in Balsingh Khera village of Mohanlalganj tehsil in Lucknow.
The body of the woman, believed to be in her early 30s, had several injury marks including in the private parts. The state government has asked ADG-level officer Sutapa Sanyal to supervise the probe. The police is working on some leads obtained during investigations and is reported to be questioning some people.