A 25-year-old woman, working as a software engineer with a prominent private IT firm in Bangalore, was allegedly raped by a stranger in her paying guest accommodation late Friday night.
The stranger entered the paying guest facility at Dodda Togur near Electronic City, where major IT firms are situated, while the software engineer was asleep.
According to the police, the victim who is from Jharkhand was alone in her PG accommodation when the attacker gained entry to her room by opening the main door through a window next to it. He overpowered the victim and assaulted her sexually. He then fled the spot.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Joint Commissioner of Police (east) K V Sharath Chandra said the victim decided to file a complaint after talking to her parents. The Electronic City police have registered a case of rape. Chandra said the incident occurred due to the lack of security at the PG accommodation.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (south-east) T D Pawar said that they have formed a team to verify the incident. “There are 40 members staying in the PG. The room mates of the victim were away when the incident took place,” he said.