A 25-year-old woman, working as a software engineer with a prominent private IT firm in Bangalore, was allegedly raped by a stranger in her paying guest accommodation late Friday night.
The stranger entered the paying guest facility at Dodda Togur near Electronic City, where major IT firms are situated, while the software engineer was asleep.
According to the police, the victim who is from Jharkhand was alone in her PG accommodation when the attacker gained entry to her room by opening the main door through a window next to it. He overpowered the victim and assaulted her sexually. He then fled the spot.
Joint Commissioner of Police (east) K V Sharath Chandra said the victim decided to file a complaint after talking to her parents. The Electronic City police have registered a case of rape. Chandra said the incident occurred due to the lack of security at the PG accommodation.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (south-east) T D Pawar said that they have formed a team to verify the incident. “There are 40 members staying in the PG. The room mates of the victim were away when the incident took place,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More