Upping the ante against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, IAS officer Pradeep Sharma on Thursday moved the High Court seeking direction to file an FIR against him in the snooping scandal involving a young woman architect.
“The petition will come up for hearing in a day or two,” said Amrish Patel, Sharma’s lawyer.
“The petition demands the court’s direction to the state authorities to lodge an FIR and hold a fair inquiry against the Chief Minister,” Patel said.
Sharma had earlier approached the Sector-7 police station of Gandhinagar, seeking registration of FIR against Modi, BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate, for ordering illegal surveillance of the woman.
But police refused to file the FIR.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
“As per the recent judgement of the Supreme Court, police can not refuse to lodge a complaint,” Sharma’s petition said.
Investigative news portals Cobrapost.com and Gulail.com had claimed, on the basis of taped conversations, that Modi’s confidante and former minister Amit Shah had ordered the illegal surveillance at the behest of “the Saheb” in 2009.
Sharma, a 1984-batch IAS officer who is facing six criminal cases in the state, has claimed he is being victimised by the BJP government for his knowledge of the “intimacy” shared by Modi with the young woman.