Upping the ante against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, IAS officer Pradeep Sharma on Thursday moved the High Court seeking direction to file an FIR against him in the snooping scandal involving a young woman architect.
“The petition will come up for hearing in a day or two,” said Amrish Patel, Sharma’s lawyer.
“The petition demands the court’s direction to the state authorities to lodge an FIR and hold a fair inquiry against the Chief Minister,” Patel said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Sharma had earlier approached the Sector-7 police station of Gandhinagar, seeking registration of FIR against Modi, BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate, for ordering illegal surveillance of the woman.
But police refused to file the FIR.
“As per the recent judgement of the Supreme Court, police can not refuse to lodge a complaint,” Sharma’s petition said.
Investigative news portals Cobrapost.com and Gulail.com had claimed, on the basis of taped conversations, that Modi’s confidante and former minister Amit Shah had ordered the illegal surveillance at the behest of “the Saheb” in 2009.
Sharma, a 1984-batch IAS officer who is facing six criminal cases in the state, has claimed he is being victimised by the BJP government for his knowledge of the “intimacy” shared by Modi with the young woman.