In a fresh twist into the snooping controversy involving Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and his close aide Amit Shah, the Ahmedabad Police on Monday refused to file an FIR against Modi and Shah.
According to reports, suspended IAS officer Pradeep Sharma wanted to file the FIR against the two. Undeterred by the refusal by the Ahmedabad Police, Sharma, who is also a staunch-critic of the Modi government, said that he would move court if there is no FIR.
Sharma, who is also involved in the snooping controversy, is already fighting against the state government in the Supreme Court. He had filed a plea in the apex court urging it to order a CBI inquiry into the contentious audio tapes aired by newsportals Cobrapost and Gulail featuring alleged illegal surveillance of a woman architect.
These audiotapes spilled the beans on how state police and Shah had put the woman under surveillance by the order of one “saheb.” Sharma claimed that he knew the relationship between the “saheb” and the woman.
The Centre has said that it will inquire into alleged misuse of state machinery in Gujarat in the wake of alleged “snooping” on the woman.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest