In a fresh twist into the snooping controversy involving Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and his close aide Amit Shah, the Ahmedabad Police on Monday refused to file an FIR against Modi and Shah.
According to reports, suspended IAS officer Pradeep Sharma wanted to file the FIR against the two. Undeterred by the refusal by the Ahmedabad Police, Sharma, who is also a staunch-critic of the Modi government, said that he would move court if there is no FIR.
Sharma, who is also involved in the snooping controversy, is already fighting against the state government in the Supreme Court. He had filed a plea in the apex court urging it to order a CBI inquiry into the contentious audio tapes aired by newsportals Cobrapost and Gulail featuring alleged illegal surveillance of a woman architect.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
These audiotapes spilled the beans on how state police and Shah had put the woman under surveillance by the order of one “saheb.” Sharma claimed that he knew the relationship between the “saheb” and the woman.
The Centre has said that it will inquire into alleged misuse of state machinery in Gujarat in the wake of alleged “snooping” on the woman.