A total of 54 students of a government middle school in Bihar’s Sitamarhi district fell ill on Saturday after eating mid-day meal in which a ‘snake’ was found.
Sursand block development officer Vinod Kumar said the children Meghpur Middle School at Sursand developed symptoms of nausea and fell unconsciousness after eating the meal.
They were rushed to a nearby public health centre, given medicines and kept under observation.
None of them were in critical condition, he said.
“We have seized the khichdi that was given to the students. A long, black object was found in it and we suspect that it could be a snake that got cooked with the meal. We will send the samples for tests,” said Kumar.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Sursand Inspector Bimar Kumar Singh said the school students ate the meal and then noticed the snake-like object in the large utensil in which it was cooked. They then reported feeling sick and began vomiting soon after.
A year ago 23 children of a primary school at Dharmasati Gandaman village in Bihar’s Saran district had died after eating a mid-day meal laced with pesticides.