A day after claiming that she had a “degree from Yale University”, Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani on Monday said her statement regarding her participation at Yale University’s leadership programme had been “misconstrued”. “Unfortunate that statement on my participation in a leadership program & certificate thereafter was misconstrued,” Irani tweeted on Monday.
On Sunday, the HRD minister was reported to have said at the India Today Woman Summit that she had a degree from the prestigious university in the US.
“In that kitty of mine where people call me ‘anpad’ (illiterate) I do have a degree from Yale University as well which I can bring out and show how Yale celebrated my leadership capacities. Extraneous circumstances are being created so that I deviate my concentration from what my goals are,” she had said.
In a clarification last night, the HRD ministry said as an MP, Irani was invited to participate in a leadership programme at Yale along with MPs from various parties, and that her participation resulted in her getting a ‘certificate’ for the said programme.
This is not the first time Irani has found herself embroiled in controversy over her educational qualification. When she assumed charge as a Cabinet minister earlier this year, Irani was accused of having made contradictory declarations regarding her educational qualifications.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More