The bodies of six persons including a seven-year-old girl were fished out from different water bodies in the Kashmir Valley.
Three of the deceased drowned while taking bath to beat the heat, and the other three were found dead mysteriously in the water bodies prompting police to start inquest proceedings to ascertain the cause of their death.
The mercury has been on the rise in the Kashmir Valley over the past couple of days.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The body of Class 9 student Shareen Tariq, a resident of Sangri village of Baramulla, was fished out from Pohru stream at Drugmullah in Kupwara district of north Kashmir today, a police spokesman said.
The boy had come to a relative’s house in Drugmulla and was taking bath in the stream last evening when he drowned. “Police and civil administration launched a rescue operation with the assistance of Army soon after information about the drowning reached them.
“As the efforts proved futile, later the assistance of marine commandos of Indian Navy was sought by the administration to retrieve the body,” the spokesman said, adding after strenuous efforts the body was fished out from the stream this morning and handed over to his relatives.
Meanwhile, seven-year-old Meema drowned in Shahkul stream near Mattan in Anantnag district of south Kashmir this morning while she was taking bath, the spokesman said.
Another teenager drowned in the Jhelum river near his house at Sheikh zoo in Ganderbal district of central Kashmir. His body was fished out and handed over to his relatives, the spokesman said.
He said police recovered the body of a Sikh youth, Nanak Singh, from Lidder stream at Peth Nambal in Mattan area of Anantnag district. The cause of Singh’s death was not known immediately.
Meanwhile, the body of a middle-aged unidentified person was fished out from Zojilla stream along Srinagar-Leh Road, the spokesman said, adding that the body had been brought to Sonamarg hospital in Ganderbal district for identification.
Thirty-year-old Mushtaq Ahmad Wani,a resident of Nadigam, was found dead at a filtration plant at Habdipora village of Shopian district in south Kashmir, the spokesman said.
He said the deceased was “mentally unsound” and his body was handed over to his next of kin after completion of
The day temperature in Kashmir has been on the rise for the past few days as local residents are taking a dip in water
bodies to beat the heat.
A MET department official said the maximum temperature in Srinagar yesterday was recorded at 31.6 degrees Celsius, which was slightly above normal for this time of the year.