The Special Investigation Team of Goa Police has booked former chief minister Pratapsingh Rane and his legislator son for allegedly accepting a Rs 6 crore bribe to facilitate the clearance of a mining lease.
The SIT had on July 3 registered a case against Rane and his son Vishwajit for allegedly accepting the bribe three years back. It is planning to call both the accused for interrogation.
“An FIR has been registered and we are investigating. Right now, we are in the process of collecting documents,” DIG KK Vyas said, adding that the SIT is yet to decide on when to call Rane and his son for interrogation. Rane is the Leader of Opposition in Goa Assembly.
Bhalchandra Naik, chairman of Dahej Minerals, had recently alleged that Rane demanded a bribe of Rs 6 crore from him to facilitate the clearing of a mining lease and the money was accepted by his son Vishwajit.
However, Rane refuted the allegations and claimed he has never met Naik. “I don’t know who he (Naik) is. The allegations against me are false,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016