The BJP Saturday latched on to CBI director Ranjit Sinha’s remark, as reported in The Economic Times, that the UPA government would have been happy if Narendra Modi’s aide Amit Shah was named as accused in the Ishrat Jahan case chargesheet, to target the government, saying its stand on the “misuse of the CBI” stood vindicated.
BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said, “There was no prosecutable evidence even three years ago in Sohrabuddin’s case. The CBI obliged Congress-led UPA in its attempt to target the prime ministerial candidate of the BJP, the Chief Minister of Gujarat, by charging and targeting Amit Shah.”
The agency, however, said its chief was quoted out of context and unfairly. “The CBI is an impartial and an apolitical organisation. In the Ishrat Jahan case, the CBI has done a fair investigation to the best of its ability,” it said in a statement.
Though Shah was neither an accused in the FIR nor his name appeared in the chargesheet as accused, he has been questioned twice in connection with the case as one of the accused police officers has named him.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016