Singapore’s Foreign Affairs and Law Minister will address an industry symposium in India next week as part of the city-state’s 50th anniversary of Independence celebrations.
K Shanmugam will address the ‘Singapore Symposium 2015’, slated to hold on July 27 in Chennai, which will host dignitaries and experts in a discussion and exchange with South Asian countries on issues pertinent to the region, said the Institute of South Asian Studies (ISAS) on Friday.
- What is ASEAN?
- Sushma Swaraj concludes ‘productive’ three-nation visit to ASEAN countries
- With focus on ‘Act East’ policy, Sushma Swaraj holds talks with ASEAN secretary general
- Sushma Swaraj to begin 5-day visit to ASEAN countries
- Singapore Foreign Minister to visit India to boost ties
- Singapore reassures foreign workers that they can continue working
The event will be chaired by India’s former Foreign Secretary and Chairman, Research and Information System for Developing Countries, Ambassador Shyam Saran.
The highlight of the session will be an interactive session with Shanmugam, said the think tank at the National University of Singapore.
This is the third edition of the Symposium in India, and the fourth in the region. The first two Symposia were held in New Delhi in 2009 and 2012.
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is ISAS’ organising partner for the event.