Several districts of Arunachal Pradesh were put on alert Monday as the Siang – Brahmaputra’s name in the upper reaches after the Tsangpo enters India from China – flowed over the red mark in Upper Siang and East Siang districts since Sunday. The Subansiri and Lohit are also flowing over the danger level, official sources said.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki, who reviewed the flood situation in Itanagar, said floods have played havoc and disrupted communication links, inundated human habitations, washed away livestock, homes and hearths in different parts of the state.
Road link to Yingkiong, headquarter town of Upper Siang was cut off for over a week, as also to Tezu, headquarter of Lohit district in eastern Arunachal. Other major towns like Daporijo, Namsai, Pasighat and Mebo have also remained cut off as roads have been washed away.
Supply of essential commodities has also remained suspended to many districts because of snapping of vital road links, the Chief Minister said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016