In controversial remarks, the Shiv Sena today said the increasing population of Muslims in the country will cause language and geographical imbalance and asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi to ensure that Muslims accept the necessity of family planning.
The Sena said that increasing the Hindu population to counter Muslims is not the solution and that the “Sangh” should pressurise the government to strictly impose family planning on all religions.
“From 2001-2011, Muslim population increased by around 24 per cent and must have increased by another 5-10 percent till 2015. The increasing population will cause language, geographical and sentimental imbalance and will create cracks in the unity of the country,” the Sena said in an edit in mouthpiece ‘Saamana.’
- Modi's Pakistan remark: Shiv Sena terms PM's allegation as 'impious' way to win polls
- Gujarat elections: Development plank missing from PM Modi's speeches: Shiv Sena
- Funds used for 'Swachh Bharat' promotion could have been used for building toilets, says Shiv Sena
- India country of Hindus first, others later, says Shiv Sena
- Shiv Sena needles BJP on 'Gujarat model', asks if true why poll-eve sops
- Top news: Rohingya presence national security threat, says Centre; Shiv Sena hints at split with BJP
“The Prime Minister should clearly tell Muslims to obey the law of the land and accept the necessity of family planning. The PM promised to address their issues even if they knock his doors midnight. But, will Muslims similarly run to help the country?” it questioned.
“More than Lokpal, the country needs a Common Civil Code in place,” it said.
“Whoever wants to try Ghar Wapsi can do so. We do not oppose it. But this is not the solution to stop Islamic onslaught on the country. Pakistan has an Islamic government.
Even countries like Iraq have an Islamic government. But in those countries, human lives there do not have much dignity. On the contrary, countries like Turkmenistan, that have adopted modern technology are in the race with Europe and America. Modi government should knock the doors of Muslims and apprise them with this fact,” the Sena said.