Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Friday wrote to the Maharashtra government, seeking swift action against those involved in the murder of software engineer Esther Anuhya in Mumbai.
Shinde wrote to Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil after the 23-year-old victim’s father met him and requested for a thorough inquiry into the matter and stringent action against the guilty.
“I shall be grateful if swift action is taken in the matter and persons involved in this heinous crime are brought to book at the earliest,” Shinde said in his letter to Patil.
Anuhya, who worked with a reputed IT firm in Mumbai, went missing after her arrival at Lokmanya Tilak Terminus in the city from her native town in Machilipatnam in Andhra Pradesh on January 5. Her mutilated, burnt and decomposed body was found off the Mumbai-Thane highway on January 16.
After meeting the Home Minister, Anuhya’s father Jonathan Surendra Prasad said no parent should face the trauma he faced while searching for his daughter. “I have apprised the Home Minister about the unfortunate incident. The police did not help us at all. We ourselves looked for my daughter after she went missing. And finally, after 10 days, her body was recovered. No parent should face the kind of trauma that I faced,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More